Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My Dinner Menu for Week

I'm so proud of myself, this was the first week in months (alright maybe years) that I've planned my meals in advance and actually followed through with them.

Here's what we've had so far and what's on the menu for the rest of the week!

Menu
Saturday: Barbeque Chicken Drumsticks, Rice Pilaf, Corn and Rolls 

Sunday: Omaha Steaks filet mignon and stuffed baked potatoes with green salad

Monday: English Muffin Pizzas with green salad

Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Wednesday: Slow-Cooker Pot Roast

Thursday: Leftovers day (we still have more fixings for pizzas & extra chicken noodle soup)

Friday: Chicken Alfredo Pasta


Notes about this week's menu:
*I used chicken drumsticks for Saturday's barbeque chicken because I've been reading in blogs and magazines that you can save money by using cheaper pieces of the chicken or whole chicken rather than chicken breasts. My drumsticks were only .99/lb at Fresh & Easy compared to usually $1.99/lb for breasts. 
*I chose chicken noodle soup and pot roast because they both called for celery and carrots so I was able to use the vegetables 2 days in a row. All I had to add was potatoes for the roast.
*I was also able to use the leftover shredded chicken that I didn't need for the soup for the chicken alfredo pasta.













No comments: