Monday, April 12, 2010

DINNER: Thin Steak Marinade

What's for dinner?

I purchased flank steak last night at Ralph's and decided to marinade it and cook on the George Foreman grill tonight.

My Grandma used this super simple marinade for thin steak pieces and I LOVE it because all it is is Italian dressing and ketchup. I'm obsessed with adding garlic salt and onion powder to EVERYTHING I cook so I added that!

Recipe: Throw enough of the dressing, ketchup, garlic salt, and onion powder to cover the meat into a plastic storage bag (easy clean up) and let it marinade for several hours in fridge until you are ready to cook :)

I read on other websites you can add some Coca-Cola to help tenderize the meat and add flavor...Has anyone else tried this?


3 comments:

Marcie Chavez said...

I've never tried using coke... that's interesting. I'm always looking for an easy marinade, so I'm excited to try your combination.

Thrifty Mama B said...

Hi! I'm your newest follower. Found you on Friday Follow. I love baking, crafts, sewing and coupons too!

Thrifty Mama B said...

Oh and I havent tried Coke in my marinade but I have used Dt Dr pepper with my pork.