Today is TOMS Shoes "One Day Without Shoes" event.
TOMS is asking people to go barefoot the whole day, part of the day or just for a few minutes.
I love TOMS Shoes and what they do.
Their concept is simple: One-For-One.
The point of going barefoot today is to spread awareness about the impact a simple pair of shoes can have on a child’s life and to experience a life without shoes first-hand, and inspire others at the same time.
Here are the facts:
- In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.
- Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
- Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
- In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
- Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.
For Christmas I received the Ash Canvas Classics pictured above, what a great gift! So not only do I have a cute, comfy pair of shoes but I know that a child in need will also have a pair on their feet :)
I just purchased this cute shirt and should be receiving it any day now :)
I'm eyeing this pair for my next purchase:
Have you ever purchased a pair of TOMS shoes, which ones are your favorite?