Thursday, April 8, 2010

TOMS Shoes: One Day Without Shoes


Today is TOMS Shoes "One Day Without Shoes" event. 

TOMS is asking people to go barefoot the whole day, part of the day or just for a few minutes.

I love TOMS Shoes and what they do. 

Their concept is simple: One-For-One.





 
The point of going barefoot today is to spread awareness about the impact a simple pair of shoes can have on a child’s life and to experience a life without shoes first-hand, and inspire others at the same time.
Here are the facts:
  • In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to school, clean water and to seek medical help.
  • Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
  • Often, children cannot attend school barefoot.
  • In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
  • Podoconiosis is 100% preventable with basic foot hygiene and wearing shoes.

For Christmas I received the Ash Canvas Classics pictured above, what a great gift! So not only do I have a cute, comfy pair of shoes but I know that a child in need will also have a pair on their feet :)

I just purchased this cute shirt and should be receiving it any day now :)

I'm eyeing this pair for my next purchase:














Have you ever purchased a pair of TOMS shoes, which ones are your favorite?

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

So I really love what Toms shoes is all about but I don't really like their shoes. The never really caught my eye. Are they comfortable? Is that the hype? Love the going barefoot idea!! I also love that I can see your flip flop tan. I used to have one too :) Yay for California girls :)

Love~Bre said...

Cynthia~
When I first discovered them I wasn't too excited about them but they've grown on me :)

They are lightweight and comfortable and come in so many colors! I REALLY want the boots to try wearing with dresses, it's a little more than my fashion style is use to but what the heck it's for a good cause!!!

I love my California flip flop tan but (gasp) I've been trying to spray tan the lines out so it blends in with my whole foot LOL, hopefully it will go away soon, the flip flop tan doesn't look attractive while wearing heels!

Midday Escapades said...

What a great company and cause. I have not bought a pair yet, but will look into it. Happy Friday Follow!

Lynn

susie said...

I just found your blog and I think this was a great post. I have to look into the shoes. What a Great Cause! :) susie