Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Be The Match!


I admit I'm a huge soap opera fan of All My Children...I've been watching it for YEARS...I remember coming home from kindergarden and watching it with my mom.

One of the characters, JR, needed a bone marrow transplant and most of the Pine Valley residents were tested to see if they could be a match. Turns out in a twisted soap opera plot, his crazy step mother ended up being a match (who...by the way...he is now having an affair with...uh...strange).

Anyways...back to reality....the story line did touch me and it made me think of the people in the non-soap world who were hoping for a match just like JR was...so I did a little research and found the National Marrow Donor Program's website.

Super simple to join the registry...you can find a place to register in person or all you have to do is log online, answer some basic health questions and a kit is sent to you via mail. The kit is quick and easy....I just sent mine back to them in the mail today!

Find out more information at the National Marrow Donor Program's website.

No comments: